Director of CFPB, Richard Cordray, Speaks on Best Practices and Protecting Consumers
Today during Politico’s “Morning Money” event the Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Richard Cordray, encouraged businesses to promote policies that protect customers.
In response to a question from the American Land and Title Association (ALTA) about his position on encouraging market best practices to protect consumers, Cordray responded that the CFPB has grappled with this particular topic since the bureau’s inception.
“The question asked is something that we have asked ourselves,” Cordray said. “Do we really want the entirety of the bureau to be about the bare minimum, people limping over the threshold of complying with the law?”
What do you think? Watch the video to see Cordray’s full statement on the issue:
|Learn what MortgageDocs is doing to maintain CFPB compliance here.|
- New-home sales jump in April May 26, 2015
- NNA clears up questions about the new Signing Professionals Workgroup standards January 10, 2014
- What to Expect from Housing This Year January 7, 2014
- What’s Next for the Housing Market? January 3, 2014
- CFPB Starts to Flex Its Muscles December 31, 2013